Services Offered by Giles County Clerk
The Giles County Court Clerk is responsible for issuing many of the licenses and renewals needed for daily life in Giles County. The County Court Clerk also serves as the official record keeper of the Giles County Commission.
Below is a full list of the County Clerks’ responsibilities:
- Title and motor vehicle registration and licensing (forms)
- Collection of sales tax on motor vehicles
- Motor vehicle registration renewals
- Issuance of vehicle tags and stickers
- Renewals or replacements of driver’s license, not new issuance
- Duplicate CDL (not renewal)
- For convenient online renewal or replacement of a Tennessee Driver’s License or to report a change of address, click HERE.
- Issuance of passports
- Tennessee Real ID
- Issuance of marriage licenses and collection of state and other taxes on marriage (counseling form)
- Performance of marriage ceremonies
- Issuance of business licenses, applications for which may be picked up in the Clerk’s office
- Collection of minimal business taxes
- Collection of hotel and motel occupancy taxes (form)
- Recording the minutes of the Giles County Commission and maintains the minutes for public inspection upon request
- Maintenance of the record of all active notaries public in the county and handles coordination between the secretary of state, the notary applicant and the County Commission
- Issuance of beer permits
- Convening of beer board meetings and recording of minutes, which are on file at the County Court Clerk’s office
- IdentoGo fingerprinting services. Register online here to schedule an appointment.